We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is a priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car / van sharing as appropriate.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address any complaints in regard to any breach of our policy.
- Update our environmental policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
- Strive to meet all environmental rules and regulations, in order to protect our environment through sound management practices and decisions.
To be dedicated to environmental leadership in all of its business activities, provide policies to provide a safe, healthful workplace, protecting the environment, conserving energy and natural resources. With these policies in place we believe that we can achieve a healthy and safe environment. We are committed to do and will:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained with the appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community where we operate, and correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
- Conserve natural resources by adopting pollution prevention practices. Ex: extending the life of equipment, purchasing and reworking used equipment etc.
- Develop and improve operations and technologies to minimize waste, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy when feasible.
- Establish procedures for periodic review of environmental compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Establish procedures to ensure all employees are knowledgeable of, understand and comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Promptly correct any practice or condition not in compliance on sites.
The Managing Director has been assigned overall responsibility for overseeing all activities pertaining to Environmental matters and is responsible for ensuring that all these activities receive adequate direction and control.
This policy will be kept up to date, particularly as legislation changes and the business changes in nature and size. This policy and the way in which it is implemented will be reviewed annually.
1.1 LAC is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our employees, learners, and stakeholders. Our aim is that our employees and learners will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee / learner feels respected and able to give their best.
1.2 To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and work based learning provision, and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age and we oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
1.3 All employees / learners whether part-time, full-time or temporary will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, apprenticeship, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees / learners will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and their talents and resources will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation and our stakeholders.
2.1 To create an environment in which the contributions of an individual, all employees and all of our learners are recognised and valued.
2.2 Every employee / learner is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all and where there is a zero tolerance to any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment.
2.3 Training, development, and progression opportunities are available to all employees / learners.
2.4 Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
2.5 LAC will review all of its employment practices and procedures and those related to our learners to ensure fairness on an annual basis.
2.6 Breaches of our Equality and Diversity Policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Loughborough Air Conditioning Ltd recognises its duty to comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
Loughborough Air Conditioning Ltd will, as far as is reasonably practicable
- Provide adequate resources to maintain health and safety.
- Carry out risk assessments and review them when necessary.
- Provide and maintain systems of work that are safe and without risk to health.
- Establish arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provided for use at work, which are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide employees with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Carry out health surveillance, where required.
- Ensure that all machinery, plant and equipment are maintained in a safe condition.
- Make adequate provision and arrangements for welfare facilities at work.
- Keep the workplace safe and ensure that access and egress are safe and without risk.
- Monitor safety performance to maintain agreed standards.
The duties of employees are to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with others in the company to fulfil our statutory duties.
- Not interfere with, misuse or wilfully damage anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
To ensure that this policy is effective, we will:
- Review it annually, or on significant changes in our business.
- Make any such changes known to employees.
- Maintain procedures for communication and consultation between all levels of staff on matters of health, safety and welfare.