- Environmental responsibility: fostering responsible F-Gas handling, disposal, and management.
- Limiting high-GWP gases: gradually reducing availability and usage of F-Gases with high global warming potential.
- Preventing leakage: implementing measures to prevent leaks of F-Gases from equipment.
- Promoting sustainability: encouraging adoption of eco-friendly alternatives and technologies.
- Driving innovation: stimulating development and use of low-GWP alternatives and efficient systems.
- Ensuring compliance: enforcing adherence to regulations through reporting, monitoring, and penalties.
What is F-Gas Certification?
F-Gas certification refers to the process through which individuals and companies are trained and accredited to handle and work with F-Gases in compliance with regulations.
Certification ensures that individuals have the knowledge and skills to handle F-Gases safely, minimise leaks, recover and recycle the gases, and follow proper disposal procedures.
Here's an overview of how F-Gas certification works:
Training: individuals seeking F-Gas certification undergo specific training that covers the regulations, safety procedures, handling techniques, leak detection, equipment servicing, recovery, and disposal of F-Gases.
Examination: after completing the training, individuals need to pass an examination that assesses their understanding of F-Gas regulations, best practices, and practical skills related to handling F-Gases.
Renewal: F-Gas certifications are valid for a certain period, after which individuals need to undergo refresher training or pass recertification exams to ensure their knowledge is up to date.
Company certification: in addition to individual certification, companies or contractors that work with F-Gases must also obtain company certifications or accreditations. These certifications demonstrate that the company has a trained and knowledgeable workforce to handle F-Gas-related tasks.
Why Must Your HVAC Contractor be F-Gas Registered?
There are multiple reasons why it’s imperative for businesses to work with F-Gas certified contractors: